The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 331 - File: global.php PHP 5.6.40 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 331 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 23 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application denied
05-07-2011, 06:31 AM,
Application denied
Before coming to me, my client applied for Medicaid but was denied due to having assets valued too high. I can move the assets around to qualify, but does the client have to go through the appeal hearing process to reapply, or can we just change the information that was put in by the client?
05-07-2011, 03:42 PM,
RE: APLICATION DENIED
No, you should be able simply to apply again, and if the client's assets are low enough at the time of re-application--and there are no disqualifying gifts that were made during the previous 5 years (i.e., the lookback period)--then the client should be deemed eligible for Medicaid coverage.

That being said, the actual process will vary from state to state. Some states may require you to start all over again, while others will simply update the existing case to reflect the change in assets.
09-02-2012, 02:44 PM,
RE: Application denied
If the client does not qualify for Medicaid, there are companies that can help pay for all or part of the costs of medications and doctor care. Look into it by researching information of the companies that make their medicine. Do they offer any pharmaceutical help? Also look for companies that offer discount Rx cards.
09-02-2012, 02:45 PM,
First, you should always appeal any Medicaid denial. Sometimes just doing that will force Medicaid to take a closer look at your individual situation, and your client may still qualify for benefits. Second, most hospitals and clinics have indigent/charity care, that your client may qualify for. Last, some states have very low-cost health insurance plans for low-income families, so be sure to pass on all these alternatives to your client.
10-30-2012, 06:03 PM,
No, You can apply as many times as you want.
DON'T LET THE PAST STEAL YOUR PRESENT.
James John
scootercity